Monday, October 24, 2011

Spooktacular Treats!


SImple sugar cookies that we made last year, with royal icing spider webs, pumpkins made with sprinkles, skeletons, witches hats, and tombstones.  My friends and I made these for a party before I got my professional camera, but these are fun easy ideas that anyone can do! Here is the recipe for the sugar cookies.


Sugar Cookies
1 1/2 C.  unsalted butter
2 C. Sugar
4 eggs
1/2 tsp. nutmeg 
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1/4 C. Sour Cream
5 C. Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
In a mixing bowl add butter at room temperature and mix together.  Then add 2 cups of sugar mixing until the mixture because nice and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time, mixing on a low speed.  Once all the eggs are incorporated into the mixture, beat on medium speed for 2 more minutes, until it becomes nice and fluffy.  Add the extracts to the mixture and sour cream, and mix until its fully blended.  
In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt and sift together.  Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well until the dough is finished.  Let it chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour (or over night,) Use your favorite frosting and enjoy!


 This was our spread last year for Halloween. With Sugar cookies from Shirleys, Krispy Kreme donuts, and cupcakes that I made!
 For the ghost and vampire cupcakes I made a Vanilla cake mix with a purple buttercream frosting.  For the ghost I pipped a white frosting and used a little food coloring on a tooth pic to make the face.  For the Vampire cupcakes I cut plastic teeth in half and used Red Food Gel and squirted it out all over the cupcakes.
For the Pirate Booty cupcakes, I made a dark chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting, then I filled the insides with a peanut butter frosting.  I decorated it with oreo crumbs, pearlised sixlets, and gold coins.
For the tombstone cupcakes, I used milano mint cookies cut in half and pipped RIP on half on the cookie.  Then I died coconut bright green.  Used Oreo crumbs for the dirt and candy pumpkins for the graveyard.  I pipped chocolate frosting, with a chocolate cupcake, and filled with mint frosting, that I dyed the same color as the grass.

All of these were very easy to do, and turned out cute!  

4 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    These are fantastic! I think I am going to try the spider web sugar cookies for a party I am going to. Thanks for the idea! Hope mine turn out as cute as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember all of these treats. SOOOO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kristin, they are super easy, just make circles with black frosting and drag a toothpick down them to make the web. They always look so impressive and are so easy to do. Tracy thanks for always supporting my parties! So glad to have a friend to party with ALL the time haha!

    ReplyDelete